ARA Ice Scheduler Required for 2018-2019 Season and Beyond!
The Airdrie Ringette Association is seeking applicants/apprentice to become the Director of Ice Scheduling for the 2018-2019 Season and beyond.
The Ice Scheduler will be responsible for:
- Working with ARA Board, Zone 2 (U10 Division) and Calgarys 1-2-3 League to schedule all ARA program ice hours.
- Work closely with the ARA Treasurer and City of Airdrie arena managers regarding billings for ice
- Communicate with Team Mangers and Coaches regarding practice,game times,tournaments and any schedule cancellation /rescheduling of ice.
- Prepare schedule data in the appropriate format for posting on the ARA website.
- Work closely with The Director of Officials (refs) to assure refs are scheduled for games.
- Attend monthly Board meetings, providing status of season, and identify any risks or issues related to ARA schedule.
- Monitor ARA website schedules for accuracy and report any errors.
- At the season conclusion, identify and make recommendations on proposed Ice Allocation changes for the next season.
- Due to the often variable nature of ice scheduling, the incumbent must be available on short notice to implement any schedule changes as they may arise.
We are looking for candidates who possess the following qualities:
1. Attentive organizational skills are essential for assuring a successful season.
2. A personal computer with Internet access is required. ARA will host the schedule through its website.
3. Schedulers need not have played ringette, been an on-ice official nor a team official.
4. Knowledge of computer based spreadsheet applications such as MS Excel.
Director of Ice Scheduling is an extremely important board position, that is vital to the success of the association.
If you are committed to making a difference in the ringette association, are detail oriented and have strong communication skills, please contact: email@example.com